The Maltese-r's #StaySafe Journals - THROUGH THE TUNNEL PASSAGE

Foreword -  Through The Tunnel Passage

 

The struggling chirping usually was heard occasionally close to my room blended into the blur of roadworks, angry motorists and early regulars walking by in the neighbourhood.

Copyright © Diandra A. 2020

Now the birdsong has expanded itself 

across the home in an embrace; 

become the musical central act 

of the silence that has resided beside it 

the past few weeks.

Copyright © Diandra A. 2020

Dulcet melodies 

of a natural orchestra

invoking

surprise and

an unexpected joyful smile on my face

in the midst of this storm.

 

 

A few weeks ago, as I was oiling my mental writing gears, racking my brain further on to get back into blogging, I had the TV muted on the film A Good Year . . . 

There is that striking part, shot-wise, (which is strongest at the end) where it goes from the protagonist in France, surrounded by natural colour, sunlight and vivacity he will learn to accept and gain later on (spoiler - sorry!) talking to his stiff-necked materialist colleagues in London who are drenched in drab grey.

Copyright © Diandra A. 2020

Despite my forte being in theatre, I get curious in the other art forms, be it film, radio. In any form I am always drawn to contrast, and drawn to the approaches taken in the film, in shot, plot and vision.

Copyright © Diandra A. 2020

Personally I think, alongside Gladiator

this film was the best Ridley Scott made and directed, 

before he seemed to have become somewhat cynical in his later films. Copyright © Diandra A. 2020

 

 

 


 

But the plot always attracted me in how the lead character enjoyed life when he remembered and went back to what mattered most. In a situation where he was cornered out of the dull rut he made himself comfortable in, he found the remaining space to have been home. Copyright © Diandra A. 2020


When we're in an unexpected situation where we're cornered out of the rat race and mainstream mentalities that makes us take things for granted, even when the source of the situation is a pandemic virus, the best way to overcome the anxiety that drags us down is to take these quarantines as our breathers to step back and recall what makes us tick, what are those things that had livened us up and will revive us when the storm ends.

Copyright © Diandra A. 2020

Hence, on my part, 

returning to the blog has made this platform 

one of the means 

to fight back 

against the current responses 

that doesn't encourage a chance to breathe 

let alone give space to think. 

 

My battle plan 

is  regularly developing

a post-quarantine list:

 

of those things that liven me;

those made to appreciate more 

if not reminisce on a joyful reunion with, 

as well as things to look forward to do and have.

Copyright © Diandra A. 2020

 

Whether or not I'll use other platforms 

to bring attention to the journals, 

and accompany each post with a podcast series,

I am still debating on it.

Copyright © Diandra A. 2020

 

In the meantime, as this virus makes us disorientated in a dark tunnel, I choose to attempt venturing for the Light. 

 

For in venturing the opening of the tunnel and set my eyes there, 

however far or dim it looks, there is Light. 

 

There is Hope.

 

 

Copyright © Diandra A. 2020